Position Title: Youth Action Now Connector
Hours: 5 hours / week
What is Youth Action Now (YAN)?
Youth Action Now is a group of aware and engaged young people dedicated to change-making. We’re diverse and dynamic, and taking action in our communities. We work together with allies and friends, mentors and supporters.
We are passionate about the power of young leaders working together for change.
Paul Dewar brought us together. Young leaders inspired him, and he believed in the power of youth in action. We are inspired by Paul’s work and the work of those young leaders.
“Youth Action Now unleashes the power of young people to make transformative change”
Who we are looking for:
Young individuals who:
- come from diverse backgrounds (culture, age, race, gender, religion, perspectives)
- have a passion for community engagement
- are able and willing to spread the word on YAN activities, such as mentorship workshops and arts events, and encourage youth-driven action in Ottawa
- Represent YAN at the grassroots level among youth in local communities.
- Share YAN opportunities with youth and other community members
- Understand issues and needs of local youth and advocate these to YAN leaders
- Meet and communicate regularly with YAN leaders to build a connection
- Aged 25 or under
- Experience and/or knowledge of facilitation or community empowerment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and/or French; ability to speak multiple languages is an asset
- Desire to give back and make a positive change for your community
- Experience and ability engaging with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to collaborate with community volunteers, staff and partners
- Ability to take initiative and act out good ideas
Why work with Youth Action Now? :
- Work with a team of passionate and committed individuals
- Receive professional skills development in fundraising, event planning and digital communications
- Gain leadership experience
- Network and connect with Youth Action Now partners and other young leaders
- Flexible hours that recognize and accommodate the rest of your life
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and tell us why you fit the bill. You can also include your art, a video, essay or anything else that helps you tell us what community means to you, and why you want to be a Youth Action Now Connector. We are so excited to hear from you!
Deadline to apply is: May 24, 2019 at 5:00pm