Position Title: Connector
Hours: 5 hours / week
Deadline to Apply: October 18, 2019
What is Youth Action Now (YAN)?
Youth Action Now is Paul Dewar’s Legacy Initiative. We provide mentorship and funding of up to $1000 for youth-led, collective initiatives ages 14-24 living in the Ottawa-Gatineau region, through our Start Up Now program.
Who we are looking for :
Young individuals who:
- come from diverse backgrounds (culture, age, race, gender, religion, perspectives)
- have a passion for community engagement
- are able and willing to spread the word on YAN activities, such as mentorship workshops and arts events, and encourage youth-driven action in Ottawa
- Represent YAN at community events
- Represent YAN at the grassroots level among youth in local communities
- Share our Start Up Now grant with youth and other community members
- Understand issues and needs of local youth and advocate these to YAN leaders
- Meet and communicate regularly with YAN leaders to build a connection
- Aged 24 or under
- Occasional availability of evenings and weekends to table at events
- Connections to and immersion in active groups making change in Ottawa
- Experience and/or knowledge of facilitation or community empowerment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and/or French; ability to speak multiple languages is an asset
- Desire to give back and make a positive change for your community
- Experience and ability engaging with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to collaborate with community volunteers, staff and partners
- Ability to take initiative and act out good ideas
Why work with Youth Action Now? :
- Work with a team of passionate and committed individuals
- Receive professional skills development in fundraising, event planning and digital communications
- Gain leadership experience
- Network and connect with Youth Action Now partners and other young leaders
- Flexible hours that recognize and accommodate the rest of your life
How to Apply:
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and tell us why you fit the bill. You can also include your art, a video, essay or anything else that helps you tell us what community means to you, and why you want to be a Youth Action Now Connector. We are so excited to hear from you!
If you wish to apply to both the Connector and Lead Connector roles, you do not need to do separate applications, just make it clear that you want to be considered for both.